What is Assertive Communication?
Updated: Feb 14
1. State needs and wants clearly, appropriately, and respectfully.
2. Express feelings clearly, respectfully and appropriately.
3. "Use I" Statements.
4. Communicate respect for others.
5. Listen well without interrupting.
6. Feel in Control of self.
7. Have good eye contact.
8. Speak in a calm and clear tone of voice.
9. Have a relaxed body posture.
10. Feel Connected to others.
11. Feel Competent and in Control
12. Not allow others to abuse or manipulate them.
13. Stand up for their rights.
#relationship counseling Miami
#communication counseling Miami
#Individual empowerment counseling Miami
#Self esteem Individual Workshop Miami